Fruit Loop Ride
– Our 14th Year
GV Hospice Fruitloop Ride Sub-committee present the Shepparton Hospice Fruitloop Ride 2015 .
ENTRIES via this website are now OPEN for 2015
*******Registration on the day is available but at an extra $10 cost per event
At Princess Park, Shepparton
– 2015 ride is on Sunday September 13th-
Fruit – Naturally fresh, from our local growers
Drinks – Gatorade
Total On road support – Ambulance, Bike repair van & Sag wagon
Hot Showers – Male and female showers available the Start/Finish
Meals - Hamburgers fresh off the BBQ, Chicken Wraps, salads, fresh fruit etc…tea/coffee
WIN! WIN! WIN!
Your entry to ride (50km, 115km or 180kms) automatically places you into a draw to win:
* Extra tickets on sale on the day
- 1st CORSA SL 2 Avanti Road Road Bike …valued at $3779
R5 Carbon Frame, Ultegra 6800 Running Gear, 11 speed, Shimano RS21 Wheelset ..IN YOUR SIZE !
- 2nd Giro Inos Helmet …valued at $299……55 to 59cm size!
- 3rd CatEye INVO Strada Smart GPS + Camera Cyclo Computer….valued at $299
* NEW Fruitloop Ride branded Jerseys ON SALE NOW Just $75 – see our EXTRAS page.
Event Distances 180km *115km 50km
Registration Opens 6:00am 7:00am 8:30am
Departure Time 7:00am 8:30am 9:30am
Cost $100.00 $100.00 $75.00
*$10 surcharge applies for all riders entering on the day of the event and non electronic entries can not be included in the prize draw.
* The 115km ride but can be reduced by 15 kms if riders wish to rest at Dookie before returning to Shepparton.
Princess Park Shepparton
(Shepparton Swans Football Club)
Shepparton – If you are unsure where Princess Park Shepparton is, Click Here to see a map.
Overview: These rides are the first of the endurance (longer distance) season, they are not a race but are meant to be simply, a challenge. They are an excellent lead into later rides like the Bay In a Day etc. No places are recorded, times kept or trophies awarded. The 50km & 115 km rides are basically over flat terrain while the 180 km event includes a 14 km climb through the Strathbogie Ranges. Training for all three events is neccessary, especially the 180km event. You should have ridden at least half each distance previously. ………………….. A minimum speed of 25 km/hr speed is expected.
What do I get for my money?
Fruit, fresh from the local orchards
Drinks – Gatorade
Free (one month) Gym membership at All About You Active Gym – 465 Wyndham St Shepparton … see extras tab
– Hot showers after the rides.
100% of funds raised to Goulburn Valley Hospice Care
Supplying free, compassionate care to the terminally ill and their families by providing:
- Volunteer Support and Nursing Care to palliative care patients.
- Pastoral Care and Equipment Loan
- Bereavement Care and Home Support
- Services in own homes, where possible