Fruit Loop Ride
– Our 14th Year
GV Hospice Fruitloop Ride Sub-committee present the Shepparton Hospice Fruitloop Ride 2015 .
CLOSED- CLOSED- CLOSED
ENTRIES via this website are now CLOSED for 2015 – SORRY
BUT: Registration on the day is welcomed, at an extra $10 cost per event entered
Note: There are EFTPOS facilities available at the start finish line
– Forecast for Sunday: Min 9 degrees, Max 22 degrees, wind from NNW at 10 kph – no rain -slightly cloudy
At Princess Park, Shepparton
– 2015 ride is on Sunday September 13th-
Fruit – Naturally fresh, from our local growers
Drinks – Gatorade
Total On road support – Ambulance, Bike repair van & Sag wagon
Hot Showers – Male and female showers available the Start/Finish
Meals – Hamburgers fresh off the BBQ, Chicken Wraps, salads, fresh fruit etc…tea/coffee
WIN! WIN! WIN!
Your entry to ride (50km, 115km or 180kms) automatically places you into a draw to win:
* Extra tickets on sale on the day
- 1st CORSA SL 2 Avanti Road Road Bike …valued at $3779
R5 Carbon Frame, Ultegra 6800 Running Gear, 11 speed, Shimano RS21 Wheelset ..IN YOUR SIZE !
- 2nd Giro Inos Helmet …valued at $299……55 to 59cm size!
- 3rd CatEye INVO Strada Smart GPS + Camera Cyclo Computer….valued at $299
MINI MARKET at Start /Finish … 10.00 am to 2.00 pm
Soapz and Saltz, Avie Designs, Arbonne, The Bicyle Baker, Vintage Chics,
The Little Bean Handmade, Zoodles, Soulistic Health and Wellbeing,
Shepparton Jumping Castles and Expresso Coffee Van
Fruitloop Ride Jerseys NOW ON SALE – see our EXTRAS page.
Event Distances 180km *115km 50km
Registration Opens 6:00am 7:00am 8:30am
Departure Time 7:00am 8:30am 9:30am
Cost $100.00 $100.00 $75.00
*$10 surcharge applies for all riders entering on the day of the event and non electronic entries can not be included in the prize draw.
* The 115km ride but can be reduced by 15 kms if riders wish to rest at Dookie before returning to Shepparton.
Princess Park Shepparton
(Shepparton Swans Football Club)
Shepparton – If you are unsure where Princess Park Shepparton is, Click Here to see a map.
Overview: These rides are the first of the endurance (longer distance) season, they are not a race but are meant to be simply, a challenge. They are an excellent lead into later rides like the Bay In a Day etc. No places are recorded, times kept or trophies awarded. The 50km & 115 km rides are basically over flat terrain while the 180 km event includes a 14 km climb through the Strathbogie Ranges. Training for all three events is neccessary, especially the 180km event. You should have ridden at least half each distance previously. ………………….. A minimum speed of 25 km/hr speed is expected.
What do I get for my money?
Fruit, fresh from the local orchards
Drinks – Gatorade
Free (one month) Gym membership at All About You Active Gym – 465 Wyndham St Shepparton … see extras tab
– Hot showers after the rides.
100% of funds raised to Goulburn Valley Hospice Care
Supplying free, compassionate care to the terminally ill and their families by providing:
- Volunteer Support and Nursing Care to palliative care patients.
- Pastoral Care and Equipment Loan
- Bereavement Care and Home Support
- Services in own homes, where possible